• Security code (5 digits): The security code protects your phone against unauthorised use, and is
supplied with the phone. The preset code is 12345. Change the code in the
Security settings on page 61. Keep the new code secret and in a safe place separate from your
Set the phone to request the code, see Security settings on page 61.
• PIN code (4 to 8 digits): The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code protects your SIM card
against unauthorised use. The PIN code is usually supplied with the SIM card.
Set the phone to request the PIN code each time the phone is switched on, see Security settings on
• PIN2 code (4 to 8 digits): The PIN2 code may be supplied with the SIM card and is required to
access some functions, such as charging unit counters.
• PUK and PUK2 codes (8 digits): The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is required to change a
blocked PIN code. The PUK2 code is required to change a blocked PIN2 code.
©2001 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
If the codes are not supplied with the SIM card, contact your local service provider for the codes.
• Barring password: The barring password is needed when using the
Call barring service
, see Security
settings on page 61. The password is obtained from your service provider.
• Wallet code (4-10 digits): The wallet code is needed to access the wallet services. For further
information, see Wallet on page 76.
• Module PIN: The Module PIN is required to access the information in the Security module. The
module PIN is supplied with the SIM card if the SIM card has a security module in it.
• Signing PIN: The Signing PIN is needed for the digital signature. The signing PIN is supplied with
the SIM card if the SIM card has a security module in it.
©2001 Nokia Corporaton. All rights reserved.