CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Your phone is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated with care. The
suggestions below will help you to fulfil any warranty obligations and to enjoy this product for many
• Keep the phone and all its parts and accessories out of the reach of small children.
• Keep the phone dry. Precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or moisture can contain minerals
that will corrode electronic circuits.
• Do not use or store the phone in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts can be damaged.
• Do not store the phone in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic devices,
damage batteries, and warp or melt certain plastics.
• Do not store the phone in cold areas. When it warms up (to its normal temperature), moisture can
form inside, which may damage electronic circuit boards.
• Do not attempt to open the phone. Non-expert handling may damage it.
• Do not drop, knock or shake the phone. Rough handling can break internal circuit boards.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the phone.
• Do not paint the phone. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper operation.
• Use only the supplied or an approved replacement antenna. Unauthorised antennas, modifications
or attachments could damage the phone and may violate regulations governing radio devices.
All of the above suggestions apply equally to your phone, battery, charger or any accessory. If any of
them is not working properly, take it to your nearest qualified service facility. The personnel there will
assist you and, if necessary, arrange for service.
©2001 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.