Writing words with predictive text input
1. Start writing a word by using the keys
. Press each key only once for one letter. The
word changes after each keystroke.
For example, to write Nokia when the English dictionary is selected, press
for i and
In addition to the number keys, you can use other keys as follows:
• To delete a character to the left of the cursor, press
. Press and hold
to delete the
characters more quickly.
• To change the character case, press
, and to change between letter and number mode,
press and hold
• To insert a symbol, press and hold
, or alternatively, press
Scroll to the symbol you want and press
To scroll through the list more quickly, press
, and press
select a character.
• To insert a number while in letter mode, press and hold the respective number key, or press
, and select
. Key in the numbers you want and press
• To insert a name or a phone number by searching for it in the phone book, press
©2001 Nokia Corporaton. All rights reserved.
• To insert a word, press
. Write the word using the traditional text
input method and press
. The word is also added to the dictionary.
2. When you have finished writing the word and it is correct, confirm it by pressing
or adding a
If the word is not correct, you have the following options:
repeatedly until the desired word appears and confirm it.
If the ? character is displayed after the word, the word you intended to write is not in the dictionary.
To add the word to the dictionary, press
, key in the word (traditional text input is used) and
. When the dictionary becomes full, the new word replaces the oldest one that was
3. Start writing the next word.