Installing the SIM card and the battery
Keep all miniature SIM cards out of the reach of small children.
• The SIM card and its contacts can easily be damaged by scratches or bending, so be careful when
handling, inserting or removing the card.
• Before installing the SIM card, always make sure that the phone is switched off and then remove
1. With the back of the phone facing you, press the release button (1). Slide
the battery off the phone (2).
2. Release the SIM card by sliding the SIM card holder off the SIM card.
©2001 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.
3. Insert the SIM card into the phone (4). Make sure that the SIM card is
inserted properly and that the golden contact area on the card is facing
4. Slide the card holder over the SIM card to lock the card in its place (5).
5. Place the battery on the back of the phone (6) and slide it up the body
of the phone until it locks into place (7).
©2001 Nokia Corporaton. All rights reserved.